Gel-Pak manufactures a line of innovative gel-coated boxes, trays, slides, and films for the safe shipping, handling and processing of fragile components. Gel-Pak’s proprietary gel material effectively immobilizes objects to protect them from damage during transport. Products come in a variety of configurations and can be used in both manual and automated pick-and-place applications.
Gel-Pak products include:
- The AD, BD, CD product line — ideal for manual applications
- The VR product line — ideal for automated applications
- Membrane boxes — ideal for 3-dimensional objects
- Gel-Film — ideal for surface protection, fixturing, graphene exfoliation
- ESD carriers — for ESD-sensitive devices
Gel-Pak’s Gel-Box (AD, AV Series) is comprised of a plastic hinged box with our proprietary Gel or non-silicone Vertec elastomer applied directly to the bottom. These versatile “pocketless” carriers immobilize devices during shipping, handling and processing. The Gel-Box (AD, AV Series) is intended for manual applications in which devices are loaded using a vacuum pen, tweezers or fingers and unloaded using tweezers or fingers.
This extremely versatile “pocketless” tray securely holds fragile devices including bare die during shipping, handling and processing. It is ideal for high-volume pick and place applications.
The surface of the VR carrier uses a proprietary Gel or non-silicone Vertec™ film membrane over a mesh material to hold components in place until they are released by applying vacuum to the underside of the tray.
Membrane Boxes are recommended for devices or large objects that have an irregular shape or non-flat contact surface which will not adhere to a Gel material. Membrane boxes are ideal for shipping 3-D objects such as Test Sockets, Optics, Prisms, Lenses and Crystals.
Membrane Boxes are constructed using a thin, highly elastic transparent polyether polyurethane membrane mounted to the top and bottom halves of a symmetrical POLYREX® PG-33 clear polystyrene box. When the box is closed, the device is suspended between the two transparent membranes which conform to the device shape and securely hold it in place.
Wafer/Large Format VR Plates™are ideal for:
- Full or partial wafers and substrates ranging from 75mm to 450mm.
- Applications where contact with top surface or edges must be avoided.
- Diced wafers on film frames.
- Handling thin, high value substrates such as fragile InP wafers, GaAs wafers, AFM wafers, MEMs wafers.
Gel-Pak’s Gel-Film® and E-Film™ products are made using proprietary Gel and Vertec elastomers that are customized for a wide range of industries and applications. Gel-Pak’s films are manufactured in a cleanroom environment.